For all the Chocolate lovers, here is a beautiful cake with amazing flavor of chocolate and strawberry and I bet you will crave for more. So presenting Choco Strawberry Delight….
1 cup all purpose Flour (Maida)
1/4 cup Cornflour
1/2 cup Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 cup White butter (unsalted)
3/4 cup powdered Sugar
1 cup Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
20 g Dark Chocolate – cut into small pieces
4 tbsp Milk
200 g (1 packet) Strawberries – cut into slices
4 tbsp Strawberry Fruit Jam
3/4 cup Water
1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Coffee
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup Chocolate Sauce (readymade) or you can also use Chocolate Ganache
1. Sift flour, corn flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
2. Beat butter and sugar till fluffy. Add the flour mixture and 1 cup milk. Mix.
3. Cut chocolate into small pieces. Put 4 tbsp milk in a clean, heavy bottomed wok or kadhai on very low heat. When it just starts to melt, remove from fire and mix well with rubber spatula till it melts properly and turns glossy.
4. Add melted chocolate and essence to the cake batter. Beat till fluffy. Bake in a greased 7-8″ diameter cake tin at 180 degree centigrade for 30-35 minutes or until done. To test if cake is done, insert a knife or toothpick in a center of the cake. If it comes out clean, cake is ready.
5. For the strawberries, mix 2-3 tbs water and 4 tbsp jam in a pan. Stirring continuously, cook on low heat till jam melts. Reduce heat to the minimum. Add strawberry slices to the syrup and stir gently for a few seconds till well coated and glazed. Remove the glaze strawberries to a plate.
6. For the soaking syrup, boil water and sugar. Add coffee and remove from fire. Add essence. Let it cool down.
7. Place the cake in a serving platter with bottom side on top. Soak it with coffee syrup till very moist. Pour chocolate syrup or chocolate ganache (for recipe follow point 3) on it. Spread to cover the top nicely till the edges. Tet it drip from sides.
8. Arrange the slices of strawberries on cake, starting from the outer edge. Place the next row slightly overlapping the first. Make the center slices sit a little upright. Keep in refrigerator. Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!!!