Sweet Craving? Why not have Kesari Pista Rabdi made from thickened milk… (A popular North Indian Dessert)
1.5l full fat fresh milk
185g granulated sugar
3 tsp Pistachios slivered
Few strands of Kesar
2.5 tsp of Cornflour
pinch of green food color
Cardamom powder of 2 cardamoms
Varak (Silver edible foil)
1. In a wide heavy bottom pan or kadhai boil the milk. When milk starts boiling, simmer on medium flame. Keep stirring occasionally, but make sure milk doesn’t stick to kadhai and it does not burn.
2. Repeat this process till the milk reduces to 60% (2/3). It will take approximately 30-45 min.
3. Now add khoya. Mix well so that it blended completely. Now add sugar, pistachios and saffron. Let it boil on medium flame for another 20 minutes.
4. Add cornflour and keep stirring till it reaches coating consistency.
5. Take it off the stove and cool it. Once it cools add the green color to get a natural pistachio color.
6. Now garnish with varak (edible silver foil), cardamom powder, slivered pistachios and saffron strands. Refrigerate till served. Enjoy!!!