Hello people out there. Yesterday was Father’s Day so thought of baking a cake for my father-in-law without any cream, yet something different. So made Marble Cake with vanilla and chocolate flavor…
250 g All Purpose Flour (Maida)
2 1/4 tsp leveled Baking Powder
170 g Butter
170 g Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
3/4 cup Milk
1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa
1. Sieve the all purpose flour and baking powder through a fine strainer.
2. Cream the butter and sugar very well until light and creamy.
3. Add the eggs. Add 1 egg at a time, beating thoroughly each time. Add a little flour if the mixture curdles before adding the next egg.
4. Fold in the flour and baking powder and add milk until dropping consistency is formed.
5. Add Vanilla essence and mix well.
6. Divide the batter into 2 parts. 50/50
7. In one part, add the cocoa and mix well.
8. Preheat the oven to 220 Degrees Centigrade. Grease and dust a 9″ diameter cake tin.
9. Put 1 ladle of each vanilla and cocoa mixture alternatively in the tin, by putting cocoa mixture on white mixture and vice versa such that they do not mix.
10. Now put the mixture in preheated oven until done. You can check if its done by inserting a toothpick or knife in the middle of cake. If it comes out clean its done.
11. Cool the cake and serve.