This easy to make salad is versatile enough to accompany almost any main course dish. but is especially good with rice dishes.
1 Onion, finely chopped
handful of Lettuce Leaves
For the dressing:
2 tbsp Olive Oil
juice of 1 Lemon
1 Garlic clove , crushed
Salt and Ground Black Pepper as per taste
1. Peel tomatoes by first cutting a cross in base of each tomato. Place in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 30 seconds or until the skin starts to curl back from the crosses. Drain, plunge into cold water and drain again. Peel, cut the tomatoes into quarters. Remove the seeds, if you like, and dice them.
2. Cut the cucumber into cubes, removing the skin first if you like.Tear the lettuce into pieces.
3. Place the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and lettuce in a large salad bowl and toss lightly together.
4. To make the dressing, pour olive oil into small bowl. Add lemon juice, crushed garlic clove, salt and black ground pepper. Whisk together well. Alternatively, combine the dressing ingredients in a screw top jar. Close tightly and shake vigorously so that the ingredients mix well.
5. Place the salad into a salad serving plate. Serve the salad in individual bowls and add the dressing as per requirement. Enjoy!!!